Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Confidence

One thing that really bothers me is how much the media screws with teenage girl's minds. Because of celebrities and models and just plain old low self esteem, there are girls with eating disorders, girls who think they're fat when they're really not, girls who think they need to be really skinny - unhealthily so - to get guys to notice them.
It makes me seriously upset that so many girls in our world today have low self esteem. Plenty of my friends have qualities that they like about themselves, but they have things they don't like too. I'm completely comfortable with who I am - both in the way I look and act. I have friends who are absolutely beautiful inside and out who don't think they are.
I guess it's a normal thing for teenage girls to dislike their appearance, or be insecure about themselves. I recently thought to myself that I know people at school who could be models. And I have friends who could be very... Different models.  I have friends who could be models, except that they're too short, or not thin enough.
But who cares, really? Not me. It really pisses me off that the media has had such a large influence on today's teenage girls. That's the main reason I started this blog. I'm a bit of a budding photographer (I'm not amazing, but I think I'm okay.) and I've always had this idea, ever since I was in 8th grade, that there should be a modeling agency that takes girls of all shapes and sizes, that it's not fair that only the "pretty skinny girls" get to be the models.
So I've decided to start this blog. Not to complain about the media or that girls have low self esteem, but to prove to girls that they can be beautiful no matter what they look like. I'm going to post photos that I take of my friends and of girls at my school and at some point, (if I get readers, haha) I'll ask you guys to send in photos and tell me something you like about yourself.
Thanks for reading guys. I'm hoping to get the first photos up sometime soon.
xoxo me :D

1 comment:

  1. If you're unhealthily skinny, you will get guys to notice! And by guys, I mean doctors. When you pass out from malnutrition.

    ReplyDelete