Friday, May 6, 2011

Media

        I blame the media. I blame the media for putting the idea in our heads that, in order to be attractive, we have to be so thin and so tall and wear certain clothes and do our hair a certain way.
        The media has given us this ideal that we need to be as thin as a rail and as tall as a pole and only eat certain things and look like models. Tell me, do you want to be so skinny that you're unhealthy?
I didn't think so.
         I blame the media for all the shit girls put themselves through. The women you see in billboard ads and in magazines? They don't really look like that. In fact, chances are, they look more like you than they do the images you see. Because the images you see? That's not them. That's what makeup, and hair curlers or straighteners, and fans, and Photoshop.
          The girl you see me as, that's real. That's me. No photoshop, no makeup, just loving myself for who I am.
         My friend just said "If the definition of beauty gets any thinner, nobody will fit."
Love yourself for who you are. Because you, just as you, are beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfAPT1_0TDg - Dove Evolution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei6JvK0W60I - Onslaught - another great

No comments:

Post a Comment