Thursday, November 11, 2010

Prejudice is Ignorace

I'm going to say pretty much the exact same thing here that I said on a clip on YouTube the other day.

This week's episode of Glee made my day. The fact that Darren Criss played an openly gay character at an all-guy's school where they have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment makes me wish that the world were more like that. My school is really similar, even though it's a public co-ed school. We have a GSA and even though there's still the odd 'gay' joke (which bugs me), we have a zero-tolerance policy. What makes me really sad is that there are people who are afraid to come out of the closet, because they're afraid of what their friends or family will say. Newsflash, guys! If they really are your friends, they're not gonna care if you're gay, straight, or bi. I'm bi and I'm not afraid to admit it. I'm not ashamed of it either. In fact, I'm pretty damn proud of myself for being who I am.
I wish that everyone could be as accepting as my school. As Robbie Ray recently said in an episode of Hannah Montana Forever (Yes I DO watch HMF, thank you very much.) "If grown men could hug like teenage girls, there would be no war."

As you go through your day, keep the Golden Rule in mind guys. Treat others the way you want to be treated.

1 comment:

  1. Im proud of you girly! By the way, you must show me stuff about Keuka! I think I've decided I wanna major in writing, like I know you're probably going to (:

    ReplyDelete